Dec 27, 2018
Hotel In Kelowna: More Reasons to Ski, Stay and Play in Kelowna This Winter
Photo credit: Big White Ski Resort
Imagine skiing or snowboarding up at Big White Ski Resort all day, then enjoying a fine meal and a glass of some of the best Okanagan wines, then relaxing after in a hot tub before you hit the sack for a quiet night’s rest in our hotel in Kelowna? The new Tourism Kelowna Winter Ski, Stay and Play campaign allows you to do just that. A cooperative partnership between Big White Ski Resort, Tourism Kelowna, along with the Comfort Suites Kelowna and other accommodators, tour operators and wineries, visitors can enjoy all that Kelowna has to offer this season and more:
Walk Out to Winter
As a bonus of the Winter Ski, Stay and Play campaign, you get some incentives when you stay at the Comfort Suites. Not only do you get to stay at one of the Kelowna hotels near the airport and downtown, but you also can enjoy a day skiing and partake in other winter activities at Big White Ski Resort.
The Comfort Suites Ski and Stay package is perfect for those guests who want an all-inclusive deal. We ask that you reserve your package 48 hours in advance.
- A night’s accommodation in one of our luxuriously appointed Kelowna hotel suites.
- Two lift passes to Big White Ski Resort (more can be arranged at additional cost).
- Access to our Kelowna hotel with pool, waterslide and hot tub, as well as 24-hour fitness centre.
- Complimentary hot breakfast buffet.
More Winter Activities Than You Can Throw a Ski At
Kelowna is truly a winter wonderland. Not only is there alpine skiing, snowmobiling, fat biking, cross-country skiing, tubing and more at Big White Ski Resort, but you may also want to check out some other winter activities in town, including:
- Outdoor skating alongside Okanagan Lake at Stuart Park
- Winter hiking at Knox Mountain Park
- Strolling along Waterfront Park boardwalk (dogs are allowed on leash)
- Cross country skiing at Telemark Nordic Club in West Kelowna
- Going for a guided snowshoe along the Kettle Valley Rail Trail
Warm up to Winter Indoors
Kelowna is not only home to Big White, one of the best ski resorts in Canada, beautiful parks, stunning lakes and snow-dotted mountains, there’s also plenty to do indoors. You can enjoy a farm-to-table meal or go for a guided wine tour/tasting to one of our many area wineries. If beer is more to your liking, why not check out one or more of Kelowna’s excellent craft breweries.
The city’s Cultural District downtown also offers up museums, art galleries, live music venues, theatres, cafés, boutique shops and more.
Bringing the kids along? They will love some of the area’s indoor pursuits such as the:
- EnergyPlex (recreation centre and climbing gym)
- H20 Adventure (wave pool, channel and waterslides)
- Scandia (indoor mini golf and arcade)
For More Winter Holiday Events, read our blog; Seek Snow and Fun from Choice Hotels in Kelowna.
See why Kelowna hotel reviews have awarded the Comfort Suites Kelowna with a 2018 TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award and Certificate of Excellence. We are also one of the Kelowna hotels close to the airport with easy access to Highway 33, which leads to Big White Ski Resort.